The late Archimandrite Haralambos Vasilopoulos was quite a prolific writer while he was alive. He was responsible for writing the Live of the Saints series—that set of little booklets with bright colored covers, some of which can be found in most Greek households. These books are still sold in the monasteries, however, his conspiracy books are no longer sold.
Besides his famous The Apocalypse Interpreted—which explains the connection between the Protocols, Zionism, Freemasonry, etc. and the coming of the Antichrist—he also wrote a series of booklets “unveiling” the secret conspiracies of the “dark powers” that war against the Orthodox Church:
• The Protocols of the Wise of Zion
• The Illuminati Unmasked
• The Unmasking of Freemasonry
• The Unmasking of Jewish Masonry
• The Unmasking of Theosophy
• The Unmasking of the Rotary Club
• The Unmasking of the Chiliasts
• Does Magic Exist?
• The 52 Demons in a Deck of Cards
• Monsters of the Dark Powers
• The Espionage of the Jehovah’s Witnesses
• Against the Antichrist
• Ecumenism without a Mask
Most of the above-mentioned books were sold at one time or another in various monastery bookstores. But one of the most popular books on that list was Ecumenism without a Mask, written in 1972. The book is 285 pages. Here is a brief overview of what it contains:
THE FIRST CHAPTER
In the 1st chapter of History of Ecumenism, there is a subsection entitled, Zionist Ecumenism, which also has two subsections, Freemasonry and Chiliasm. This section states that Ecumenism serves the Zionist plans for both the religious and political domination of the world. It quotes the following verses from the Protocols:
- King of the Jews will be the real Pope of the Universe, the patriarch of the international church (#17)
- What do they want with an angelic spirit in a king? What they have to see in him is the personification of force and power. The supreme lord who will replace all now existing rulers, dragging in their existence among societies demoralized by us… This Chosen One of God is chosen from above to demolish the senseless forces moved by instinct and not reason, by brutishness and not humanness…These forces have overthrown all forms of social order to erect on the ruins the throne of the King of the Jews… In the person of the king who with unbending will is master of himself and of humanity all will discern as it were fate with its mysterious ways. The prop of humanity in the person of the supreme lord of all the world of the holy seed of David must sacrifice to his people all personal inclinations. (#23, 24)
Here there is a two page footnote explaining the history of the Protocols. It also refers to them as the plans of Zionsim for Jewish world domination and the destruction of Christianity; which are being fulfilled. Sergei Aleksandrovich Nilus, a Russian religious writer and self-described mystic states that the texts of the protocols were given to him in 1901 by Alexis Nikolajevich Souchotin, who died some years later as vice-governor of the Government of Stavropol. Sergei was responsible for publishing for the first time “in full” The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in Russia in 1905. It appeared as the final chapter of his book The Great within the Small and Antichrist, an Imminent Political Possibility. Notes of an Orthodox Believer, about the coming of the Antichrist. Sergei Nilus also published the famous tract: A Wonderful Revelation to the World: the Conversation of St. Seraphim with Nicholas Alexandrovich Motovilov on the acquisition of the Holy Spirit. This manuscript would become one of the most oft-read Orthodox texts of modern times.
IN THE NEXT SUBSECTION ON FREEMASONRY
Fr. Haralambos quotes Protocol 15: “We shall create and multiply free masonic lodges in all the countries of the world, absorb into them all who may become or who are prominent in public activity, for these lodges we shall find our principal intelligence office and means of influence. All these lodges we shall bring under one central administration, known to us alone and to all others absolutely unknown, which will be composed of our learned elders. The lodges will have their representatives who will serve to screen the above-mentioned administration of MASONRY and from whom will issue the watchword and program.” He then write, “See, the Zionists themselves say the freemasonry is Zionist creation in order to hide their aims.”
He subsequently goes on to explain what is “hidden” behind the YMCA, Boy Scouts, Rotary Club, WCC, etc. He takes quote from many Masonic publications talking about destroying the Church and Christianity. He then proceeds to quote The Prayer of the Freemasons to Satan, found in Leo Taxil’s 1890’s book, The Mysteries of the Masons. Leo later admitted it was a hoax, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxil_hoax, though in Christian circles, it is taught that he was threatened and pressured to say that, but it really wasn’t a hoax: http://www.freedom-ministries.com/catalog/confession-leo-taxilm-and-albert-pike.html
ON PAGE 90
Fr. Haralambos explains The Role of the Jews in the Russian Revolution, stating, “It is proven that the Russian Revolution was the work of the Jews and Freemasons. Karl Marx, founder of Communism, was a German Jew. Lenin was the son of a Jew and a 33rd degree Mason. Kerensky was an Israelite. Out of the 22 ministers in the first Soviet government, only 3 were Russian and 17 were Jews. In 1917 , of 554 senior leaders , it is known that at least 447 were Jewish. The numbers speak for themselves about the dark role of Jewish Masonry for the eradication of Christian Empires…”
The rest of the book is full of conspiracy theories, Protocols, quotes, etc. Chapter 4 examines the WCC meetings that had occurred up to that point. He quotes from Metropolitan Vitaly of Montreal (ROCOR) concerning Ecumenism, WCC and Freemasonry. He quotes from Justin Popvitch’s The Coming 8th Ecumenical Council, etc.
He explains secularism in the Churches, modernism, hippies, Batman, Charles Manson, Anton LeVay, homosexual marriages, etc. as all part of this Ecumenist antichrist spirit, all created by the Zionists and Freemasons.
The 7th chapter describes the Jewish creations over the last 2,000 years used in attempts to destroy the Church:
- Crucifying Christ in 33AD.
- Julian the Apostate’s attempt to rebuild the Temple of Solomon in 363 AD.
- Fr. Haralambos claims that Islam was a Jewish creation orchestrated by the invisible Sanhedrin. He states that Mohammed was illiterate and born of a Jewish mother. Three of his women were Jews, one being possessed. His entire surroundings comprised of “Jewish Satanists (magicians, astrologers, occultists).” He then proceeds to explain how this conspiracy happened.
- Communism was a Jewish creation as explained above.
- Fr. Haralambos states that, “The Zionist Jews created one more antichrist monster, Adolf Hitler. Hitler was a half-Jew. His surroundings were all Jews, as well as, magicians, Satanists and occultists.” He talks about secret meetings of Hitler with a Jewish banker, Kurt von Schroeder, etc. Fr. Haralambos also has a photocopy of an English article, Who Put Hitler in Power?, published by Women’s Voice in 1956. Women’s Voice was a neo-Nazi publication with ties to George Lincoln Rockwell’s American Nazi Party.
( https://books.google.ca/books?id=B7JZoQuU3eMC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false see notes on Page 234).
THE LAST CHAPTER
The final chapter deals with the Uniates as the Pope’s Trojan Horse against eastern Orthodoxy. It details persecutions and martyrdoms in Orthodox countries; primarily the slaughter of 800,000 Serbian Orthodox by the Catholic Croatians during WWII.
In the beginning years of the monasteries, especially at St. Anthony’s bookstore, the monks would screen the books before selling them in the bookstore. This was done so nothing unorthodox or heretical would be sold by mistake. The fathers felt they needed to be thorough in this task because “lay people pretty much know nothing about their faith” or “lay people are simple and easily confused when it comes to doctrine,” etc. Thus, selling Fr. Haralambos Vasilopoulos’ books was not an oversight. They were systematically ordered because the monastery felt that they contained truths that were beneficial for the faithful to know and understand. His books “presented the Orthodox world-view” on how things worked in the world behind the scenes.
In 2005, after the KVOA news story broke, Geronda Ephraim gave the obedience to his monasteries to pull these and other similar books from the bookstores (i.e. about Zionism or Protocols). And from that point on, the monasteries’ response to any accusations was essentially, “We don’t believe in conspiracy theories, the Protocols, etc.” David Smith’s accusations were passed off as slander by a deluded and jaded ex-monk who was being used as a mouthpiece of the devil to unjustly attack Geronda Ephraim. This was the demons’ revenge and jealousy because so many thousands of people are benefitting from the monasteries and being saved.
Below is an English translation of The Rotary Club Unmasked